Re: [Tails-dev] send anonymous mail without registration - …

Autor: adrelanos
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] send anonymous mail without registration - Mixmaster over Tor
I got rid of NX DNS requests and of the MTA.

Now using in torrc:
mapaddress 1.1.1.1 k54ids7luh523dbi.onion
mapaddress 2.2.2.2 gbhpq7eihle4btsn.onion

and ~/.Mix/mix.cfg:
#SMTPRELAY      1.1.1.1
SMTPRELAY       2.2.2.2

Instructions have been updated:
https://sourceforge.net/p/whonix/wiki/Mixmaster/

Open questions:

1) Are the virtual IP addresses 1.1.1.1 and 2.2.2.2 appropriate or are
different values better?

2) Is Stream Isolation (forcing Mixmaster to use a specific SocksPort)
required? It's pointing to a hidden service and should therefore be
unaffected by identity correlation?

In Whonix it looks at the moment like Mixmaster -> TransPort -> hidden
service. Since Tails disabled the TransPort I believe getting it to use
a SocksPort will be crucial.

At the moment I have no idea how to force Mixmaster through a SocksPort.
uwt [1] (torsocks) It didn't work to use uwt with mixmaster and didn't
help to add uwt before the sendmail command line in mix.cfg either.

Two links I can't really make head of tail of. Not sure about DNS leak,
which is impossible in Whonix and Tails as well, and therefore unsure if
it can work at all. Would also mean - back to postfix.
http://www.groovy.net/ww/2011/12/torfix
http://www.groovy.net/ww/2012/01/torfixbis

3) Do we want to run mixmaster-update as root (with exception in
/etc/sudoers) or is it more desirable to create a full blown
configuration file in ~/.Mix/mix.cfg so it can run without root?

[1]
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/torsocks#uwt-modifiedusewithtortoimproveTorstreamisolation