Re: [Tails-dev] Discussion on minitube

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Discussion on minitube
Hi,

Alessandro Grassi wrote (19 Jan 2013 13:13:06 GMT) :
> there was no response during last week, can I assume this feature is
> ok for everybody?

More than a lack of potential security issues and anonymity problems
with Minitube, I think this delay shows that those who might feel like
answering about this topic had no time to think of it last week.

I think that yes, this feature is probably OK for everybody:
I believe that everybody on board here will be totally happy once
Tails provides such a way to watch YouTube videos!
This is important work you're doing :)

But still, someone should research a bit the potential anonymity
issues. I suggest using the Torbutton Design Documentation as a lead
to point you to the most typical problems. I'm sorry to say this, as
I hate to feel like I may be discouraging you, but I'd hate even more
to treat "lack of time to research" the same way as "found no issue
after searching" ;)

Of course, if you don't feel like conducting this bit of research
alone, or at all, I suggest you go find help: e.g. Jacob Appelbaum
might be happy to give us a hand on a problem like this.