Re: [Tails-dev] Support EntropyKey?

Autor: Abel Luck
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Support EntropyKey?
intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> Abel, Jake, and anyone else interested with access to the hardware:
> Tails 0.16~rc1 ships ekeyd, please test its EntropyKey support.

I've tested this in 0.16~rc1 and it works great. Root is required of
course, so you must set the root password at boot.

Once that's done, usage is as normal:

run ekey-rekey to set the master key, check status with ekeyd-list, and
take a look at /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_available

I cat'ed /dev/random to a file for several minutes and it never blocked,
producing the standard 3-4k bytes/second.

Good work!

~abel