Re: [Tails-dev] How to deal with post-merge wiki gardening?

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Neue Treads: Re: [Tails-dev] How to deal with post-merge wiki gardening?
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] How to deal with post-merge wiki gardening?
On 28/12/12 21:56, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just split (and closed) a few tickets that have been waiting for
> this to happen, so that we can start again from a cleaner and more
> happy state. Yay :)
>
> How about we patch our merge policy to require that a merge request
> email has, attached, a commit that deals with such leftovers? I'm not
> a great fan of that strictly formalized rules, so I'd be happy to hear
> better suggestions. Or perhaps we should just wait: the move to
> a better task tracker may be enough to encourage us to deal with these
> things in a more systematic way.

Hi,

With my WAN hat on, may I ask to people who often either publish or
process merge requests, what do they think about this proposal? Do you
think the gain compensate the extra workload? Would you be ready to
apply such rule to your work?