[Tails-dev] Replace Seahorse's GnuPG agent with the regular …

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Betreff: [Tails-dev] Replace Seahorse's GnuPG agent with the regular one?
Hi,

Seahorse's GnuPG agent (or the way other programs interact with it;
whatever) causes serious problems in Tails:

  * Desktop freezes when reading several OpenPGP -encrypted messages
    in a raw with Claws Mail (todo/fix_claws-mail_with_gpg)
  * Blocks integration of OpenPGP smartcards usage within graphical
    tools (todo/support_OpenPGP_smartcards)

Both problems are fixed by replacing Seahorse's GnuPG agent with the
regular `gpg-agent'. This was implemented in the
feature/regular-gnupg-agent branch, and seems to work fine.
Merged into experimental.

I'm almost tempted to propose it as a bugfix for 0.16, but I realize
it's late in the cycle, and we won't have a RC2 to detect regressions,
so I'm totally unsure.

Thoughts are welcome, both wrt. the inclusion in 0.16, and about the
general idea.

(Ticket: todo/regular_GnuPG_agent)