Re: [Tails-dev] Claws mail and GnuPG agent

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Claws mail and GnuPG agent
Hi,

Abel Luck wrote (31 Dec 2012 21:54:17 GMT) :
> Without commenting on the security of this particular change, this is
> merely a temporary fix as gpg-agent is the future for gpg. gpg-agent
> provides process isolation that ensures the secret key material isn't
> handled improperly.

Agreed. This would be temporary for one more reason, by the way: we
intent to replace Claws Mails by icedove (rebranded Thunderbird).

Also, please note that Tails currently uses Seahorse as its GnuPG
agent. This might change in the future as it seems that Seahorse does
not support OpenPGP smartcards properly.

> Unfortunately it seems most client apps don't like it :\

I'm curious: any other examples of applications that would misbehave
with the agent in Tails (or elsewhere)?