Re: [Tails-dev] Please add Wine and TrueCrypt

Üzenet törlése

Válasz az üzenetre
Szerző: sajolida
Dátum:
Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list, hudson.seiler80
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-dev] Please add Wine and TrueCrypt
> Truecrypt is very useful indeed, but it can be installed on Tails,
> simply download the tar.gz package from truecrypt.org and execute the
> script, it will install it.
>
> I also recommend to the development team that truecrypt should be
> included by default and come with the DVD already.

TrueCrypt is already included in Tails, please refer to the doc:

https://tails.boum.org/doc/encryption_and_privacy/truecrypt/.

Regarding Wine, Tails is not meant to be a general purpose operating
system but a selection of tools designed to answer some particular use
cases, see our design doc:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/

Apart from the fact that I really doubt we want to encourage people
running probably non-free software through Wine. How would Wine help us
fulfil better our goals?