Re: [Tails-dev] performance test: randomsound vs haveged

Üzenet törlése

Válasz az üzenetre
Szerző: intrigeri
Dátum:
Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-dev] performance test: randomsound vs haveged
adrelanos@??? wrote (18 Dec 2012 22:18:28 GMT) :
>> Hi,
>>
>> adrelanos wrote (16 Dec 2012 18:19:44 GMT) :
>>> - Do they block each other or result in even more entropy available?
>>> [...]
>>> haveged only                     ~1100 and ~4000
>>> randomsound and haveged             ~1100 and ~4000

>> Isn't this capped by /proc/sys/kernel/random/poolsize ?

> No.
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/online/pages/man4/random.4.html

Thanks.

       The read-only file entropy_avail gives the available entropy.
       Normally, this will be 4096 (bits), a full entropy pool.

       The file poolsize gives the size of the entropy pool.
       The semantics of this file vary across kernel versions:
       [...]
              Linux 2.6:  This file is read-only, and gives the size of the entropy
                          pool in bits. It contains the value 4096.

I admit I've not checked the code, but in my understanding of this
documentation, it confirms the available entropy is capped by the
entropy pool size.