Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/live-boot-3.…

Üzenet törlése

Válasz az üzenetre
Szerző: intrigeri
Dátum:
Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/live-boot-3.x
Hi,

anonym wrote (04 Dec 2012 17:20:11 GMT) :
> It seems you didn't test read-only persistence, cause it doesn't
> work any more.

You're absolutely right, I forgot or neglected this one.

> [...] However, I'm gonna call this a bug in live-boot instead.
> None of the persistence code has had the /live to /lib/live move
> made, and that would work around this potential aufs bug. [...]

Does the attached patch upgrade all the persistence to the new paths?
If so, it looks good enough to be pushed upstream.
Beware, I think the debian / debian-next branches roles have been
updated recently, so you probably want to ask dba where to push first.

> I must say I don't understand the /live to /lib/live move in
> live-boot. From what I understand [1], the move is supposed to
> completely eliminate /live,

AFAIK, this is the idea, yes.

> but there's still so much stuff going on in /live so I'm not sure.

Oh, really... I thought the migration was finished.
(Just curious: what's left not migrated yet?)

> Do you known what's going on?

I don't.

> I'm gonna think about this a bit more and perhaps ask on the debian-live
> mailing list (unless you have all the details) before I take proper
> action and hopefully get send a fix upstream tomorrow. Until then, the
> attached patch (against live-boot 3.0~b7-1) fixes the issues with
> read-only persistence in Tails from my tests (note: I only tested by
> patching 9990-overlay.sh in a running Tails session, but I doubt it'll
> break the boot part of live-boot since the patch only touches
> persistence code).

Looks good enough to me --> upstream.

Cheers!