Re: [Tails-dev] Please review (and merge?) feature/better_po…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review (and merge?) feature/better_power_off_button
Hi,

(I'll keep the code review for later, just replying to the blocking
questions right now.)

anonym wrote (20 Nov 2012 16:48:45 GMT) :
> Issues and questions:

> * I have verified that translations work for the applet (i.e. its action
> menu entries) but I don't know (I haven't even investigated) how to make
> its bonobo server file translatable. That would make the strings shown
> in the applet list (as seen via "Add to panel" for instance)
> translatable. IMHO this isn't important and I'd rather not waste my
> energy on it. What do you think?

I think we should not care at all. I'd rather see us not spend any time
supporting the "I want to tweak my GNOME panel applets list" usecase.

> * Since "Shutdown Immediately" is right below "Lock Screen" in the menu,
> I assume users could miss-click it pretty easily. Perhaps making the
> menu entries larger and/or putting separators between them could help
> prevent that. Thoughts?

Separators seem to be the way to go,
but I've not seen the thing running yet.

> * The icon it currently uses for "Reboot Immediately" is "gtk-refresh"
> :). It seems like the default GNOME theme doesn't have a dedicated icon
> for reboot. We could use the same icon as for "Shutdown Immediately" but
> I'd rather have something distinct. Any suggestions?

Perhaps the "system-reboot" icon, if it's available?

> * Do we want to configure gnome-screensaver in some particular way?
> Currently it starts the "Blank screen" screen saver after 5 minutes of
> idling, without locking the screen.

I'd rather see it lock the screen after 5 minutes.