Re: [Tails-dev] Promoting Persistence features

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: sajolida
To: marcoc, The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Promoting Persistence features
On 26/11/12 15:05, Marco Calamari wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 14:41 +0100, intrigeri wrote:
>>> 2) adding a "change persistence password" in Utility menu
>>>     would be a probably cheap but really useful feature.

>> Doesn't the GNOME Disk Utility allow to change the LUKS volume
>> passphrase already? Perhaps what's needed is some documentation only?
>
> Err... the mandatory answer is "yes" but making this firsthands looks
> an useful interface characteristic, also to possibly give a warning
> about theoretical LUKS header persistence as Maxim pointed
> out in the previous message. A two liner script can do that
>
> OTOH this is the neverending issue about how much who write software
> need and want to protect the user form himself .....

Seeing that:

- intrigeri is the main developer of the persistence wizard and didn't
offer himself to add this feature
- it needs to come along with a warning regarding Maxim's concern.

I also think documentation is the way for it and created a ticket for
that, see /todo/document_how_to_change_the_persistence_password.