Re: [Tails-dev] config/chroot_local-packages in .gitignore?

Üzenet törlése

Válasz az üzenetre
Szerző: anonym
Dátum:
Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-dev] config/chroot_local-packages in .gitignore?
23/11/12 17:27, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since we don't use config/chroot_local-packages anymore but for quick
> tests, this directory was added to .gitignore "to prevent packages
> from being mistakenly added to the repository".

For us, yes, but what about contributors? I thought the way for them to
add custom packages was to put them in chroot_local-packages, and once
we pull we import any such package into our APT repo and rewrite the
history appropriately.

> However, it also makes it very easy to build tainted ISO images with
> non-standard packages, that were forgotten in this directory, without
> noticing: "git status" won't tell you. I guess our diff'ing of the old
> and new packages list at release time would catch most, if not all, of
> such situations, which mitigates the problem, but I fear this still
> can lead to hard to debug situations (what worse than a bug you're the
> only one to reproduce, due to something like this?).

I strongly feel the same way.

> All in all, I'm not sure which kind of problem I'd rather avoid.
> I would tend to prefer removing this line from .gitignore, and
> discussing it again if we mistakenly add packages to Git, but
> I'm unsure.
>
> What do you think?

I definitely think we should remove it from .gitignore.

Cheers!