Re: [Tails-dev] bridge mode vs. clock way off [Was: Please r…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas antigos: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge bugfix/bridge_mode_vs_tor_restarts
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] bridge mode vs. clock way off [Was: Please review and merge bugfix/bridge_mode_vs_tor_restarts]
Hi,

anonym wrote (20 Nov 2012 12:15:44 GMT) :
> Tracked in todo/bridge_mode:_handle_way_off_clocks where some fixes are
> proposed.

Great, thanks!
Quoting and discussing it here, then:

> Solutions:

> 1. A very easy and very sub-optimal solution would be to have Tor log
>    at the "info" level by default.

Would be acceptable, IMHO, as a short-term workaround,
iff. the resulting log files don't increase memory usage too much.

> 2. Another idea would be to (in `time-20.sh`) open a separate Tor log
>    at the info level via the control port. Great care would have to be
>    taken to make sure that the log is set up quickly after Tor starts,
>    before there's *any* chance that Tor already has tried connecting
>    to the bridge, so the string we grep for isn't "lost".

Seems very fragile to me. I'd rather not to.

> 3. What about patching Tor to eliminate the log severity
>    inconsistency? But perhaps they have good reasons for this being
>    the way it is so it wouldn't get upstreamed?

I think it's worth asking them if there's a good reason for the
apparent inconsistency.