Re: [Tails-dev] Trying tails-create-iuk

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Trying tails-create-iuk
Hi,

Ague Mill wrote (15 Nov 2012 17:13:57 GMT) :
> I have tried to generate the IUK from a running Tails, version
> 0.15~rc1. So that's probably closer to Debian stable. ;)

OK. For the record, I didn't try anything but testing/sid previously.

Most of the Perl / CPAN environment is usually very much backward
compatible, but it's always possible to hit corner cases (e.g.
I remember File::Temp behaving in slightly different ways between
Lenny and Squeeze or something).

>> Did you run t-c-i as root, using sudo, or what?
>> (Honestly, I don't remember exactly what kind of credentials is
>> needed / supported.)

> Using `sudo`,

Thanks.

> as the suggested in the documentation.

May I ask which part of it? I did not find this easily.
(I'd like to improve this after gathering my thoughts, tests, time and
everything else needed.)

>> > I have not been able to locate a verbose option,
>>
>> There is none.
>> It might help to install libcarp-always-perl and run t-c-i this way:
>>
>>     $ perl -MCarp::Always path/to/tails-create-iuk

> What are the expected effects?

TL;DR -> Stacktraces from the perspective of the caller.

The Debian package description reads:

    Carp::Always is meant as a debugging aid. It can be used to make
    a script complain loudly with stack backtraces when warn()ing or
    die()ing.

Feel free to ask specific questions if this is still unclear.