Re: [Tails-l10n] Tech. tip: how to diff between normalized P…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Tails localization discussion
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] Tech. tip: how to diff between normalized PO files
Hi,

Ague Mill wrote (14 Nov 2012 13:12:08 GMT) :
> Here is a small technical tip for someone who would like to check out
> the differences between two PO files without caring about strings order,
> line breaks or comments. You can do so by using a command line such as:

>     diff -u <(msgfmt -o - translation/es/es.po | msgunfmt) \
>             <(msgfmt -o - persistence-setup/po/es.po | msgunfmt)

> The syntax is bash specific. Replace the paths to the two PO files you
> are interested in comparing.

Cool! I've already felt the need for something like this, but been too
lazy to write it. This is really useful, and I'm happy to learn this
bash specific syntax.

I think it should go somewhere more visible and stable than INBOX, but
I wonder where we can paste it in our wiki. I'm sure those of us who
are more into l10n will find a suitable place, though (hint, hint).