Re: [Tails-dev] network.proxy.socks_remote_dns and localhost

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] network.proxy.socks_remote_dns and localhost
Hi,

Ague Mill wrote (14 Nov 2012 15:50:17 GMT) :
> Please review

(WAN speaking: merge -> experimental.)

> bugfix/i2p_console_bookmark and

It took me some time to understand why the commit that updates the
bookmark, as documented, also removes a FoxyProxy config entry; (there
used to be two entries, one for localhost and another one 127.0.0.1,
so it makes sense removing the former). Please update the commit
message so that this is made clear.

Otherwise, looks good (untested, though, no time to build an ISO and
test it right now)!

> bugfix/monkeysphere_post_torbrowser branches.

"So we add a patch to make MVSA bind the IPv4 instead of 'localhost'."
in the commit message is confusing, given MSVA already binds to
127.0.0.1 IPv4 without this patch.

I'm a bit surprised about "The Monkeysphere extension also needs a new
passthrough in FoxyProxy rules to properly get a direct connection to
the agent". I'm curious what we changed since 0.13 that makes this now
needed, while it supposedly was working in there. Anyway, the proposed
change generally makes sense, so this looks good.

Otherwise, all right for this branch -- no time to build and test an
ISO right now, sorry.