Re: [Tails-l10n] Language updates as patch files

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: intrigeri
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tails localization discussion
Aihe: Re: [Tails-l10n] Language updates as patch files
Hi,

Chris Doten wrote (11 Nov 2012 22:28:36 GMT) :
> For people not fluent in Git the system creates a significant bar to
> contribute to the TAILS project.

Sure.

Your team might find the new Transifex-based workflow to their liking:
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/translate/#transifex

> It is disappointing to hear that these translation efforts won't be
> able to make .14.

I'm sorry. I find it a bit sad, but not surprising at all considering
the announced release schedule.

You're welcome to suggest improvements to the release schedule we've
been experimenting:

https://tails.boum.org/contribute/release_schedule/

It's the best we've found to this day, but there are probably things
that could be made better.

> We will have several hundred Russian speakers in a challenging country using the
> system for training soon.

> No possibility of slipping it in at the last minute?

Not unless the last bits of our test suite reveal a bad enough
regression in the Tails 0.14 ISO. I would not count on it.

Cheers!