Re: [Tails-dev] forking Tails documentation pages credit

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] forking Tails documentation pages credit
adrelanos wrote (09 Nov 2012 19:19:04 GMT) :
>> 1. License is one thing, but you must also add copyright information.

> Now hopefully fine.

I'm not sure where you copy-pasted that copyright info from,
but it does not look like the global Tails copyright that,
unless explicitly noted in a file,
can be found in debian/copyright in our source tree.

>> 2. You must release the resulting derived work under
>>    a compatible license.

> Now explicitly noted.

Not really:

> The changes are copyrighted by
> [adrelanos](https://github.com/adrelanos/Whonix) and licensed under
> the same license GPLv3 or later.

That's not a complete license notice. I'm not sure what it is worth.

I suggest reading the "How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs"
section at the bottom of the GPL, and having a look at
debian/copyright in Tails source tree for an example.