Re: [Tails-dev] forking Tails documentation pages credit

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Temas novos: [Tails-dev] forked Tails documentation
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] forking Tails documentation pages credit
Hi,

adrelanos wrote (07 Nov 2012 16:24:39 GMT) :
> I plan to fork a few Tails documentation pages.
> For example the warning page:
> https://tails.boum.org/doc/about/warning/index.en.html

Tails put aside, I'm interested in the result. Please keep me posted.

> I hate to fork it, but I don't know a better solution which allows
> cooperation. There are some pros, cons, ideas about general guide to
> anonymity, and obstacles in my mind but no practical and suitable
> proposal for a shared documentation project [...]

There would be much to say about the "I fork because there is no
shared project" logics, but I don't care enough to raise it.

> To properly give credit and honor the license, is it okay to write the
> following on the top? Or do you prefer something else for credit?

> "This page is a fork/is based on/contains part of the [Tails warning
> page](https://tails.boum.org/doc/about/warning/index.en.html), which is
> under GPLv3.)"

Sounds good, modulo:

1. License is one thing, but you must also add copyright information.
2. You must release the resulting derived work under
a compatible license.
3. Please refer to the original source (in Git), rather than to the
built product (i.e. on the web). Well, if you do fork the resulting
web page, then you should refer to it, but *please* do point to the
source to then.