Re: [Tails-dev] Call for testing 0.14~rc2

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Call for testing 0.14~rc2
08/11/12 14:34, Ague Mill wrote:
> anonym:
>> 07/11/12 18:10, intrigeri wrote:
>>> Note for the one who manages the release: we need to make sure the
>>> final ISO does not get the latest live-config (3.0.9-1): it has
>>> basically nothing useful for us, and it migrates to new paths brought
>>> by live-boot 3.0~b7, which we're not ready for yet (details:
>>> todo/newer_live-boot).
>>
>> I'll put live-config{-sysvinit} 3.0.8-1, both which worked well in
>> 0.14~rc1 and ~rc2, in config/chroot_local-packages. Unless there is some
>> other suggestion (APT repo?).
>
> Please use the APT repository from now on.

Ok. I wasn't sure if we felt we were ready for a full-scale move to this
yet.

> Oh, and don't forget to upload the source! :)

Sure thing.

> I intend to remove all packages in the Git repository for 0.15, so
> let's just start the good habits now...

What procedure do you suggest for packages that we don't build
ourselves, like live-config{-sysvinit}? The APT documentation [1] only
covers the case where packages are built and an appropriate .changes
file is generated.

Should I try to manually write a .changes file, e.g. by adapting the
upstream one, removing references to other packages like live-config-doc
etc.?

Or should I build the packages? What about all these irrelevant packages
(like live-config-doc) then? Upload them too?

Cheers!

[1] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/APT_repository