Re: [Tails-l10n] doc/pt pull request

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Tails localization discussion
Asunto: Re: [Tails-l10n] doc/pt pull request
drebs wrote (06 Nov 2012 18:29:18 GMT) :
> Hello, what follows is a pull request for the amnesia repo with some
> more translation for portuguese.

Done, pushing.

> So next steps for me are reviewing the status of pt translation for
> applications and then continuing with website translation.

Looks good!

Another thing that would be most welcome is to merge the current
master branch into the testing one, and resolve any conflict that
arose (if any) from the updating of traslations in master, while at
the same time English source changes in testing. Merging such
conflicts in PO files is tricky a task when one does not speak the
target language.

To entirely avoid the need to solve these conflicts, during freeze
time (RC1 -> final release), I suggest you focus your translation
efforts on the changes brought by the testing branch, both on the
documentation side and on the custom applications one. Alternatively,
going on translation work in master during freeze time is fine too, as
long as one makes sure they don't touch pages that were changed in
testing too.