Re: [Tails-dev] Switch to Privoxy?

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Switch to Privoxy?
adrelanos:
> > APT: a rough initial test was done, that added a tor+http shim in
> /usr/lib/apt/methods IIRC, to add torsocks in the loop. It worked fairly
> well, but one of the late live-build scripts insists on running APT,
> which fails in this configuration.
>
> Now that torsocks is unmaintained (see extra thread), I am not sure it
> is a good idea to rely on torsocks to torify apt.

torsocks is free software. If it is unmaintained but the software is
still relevant, then it'll find new maintainers. If we really need it in
Tails, maybe it will fall on our plate.

And even we could still replace it with tsocks or proxychains or some
other LD_PRELOAD based solution.

> Afaik torsocks has no IPv6 support, only an IPv6 leak bug.

I am pretty sure both could be addressed.

--
Ague