Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/dpkg-origin

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/dpkg-origin
26/10/12 21:56, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> branch: feature/dpkg-origin
> ticket: todo/custom_dpkg_origin
>
> candidate for post-0.14.
>
> commit 833df8b944c80b93b94623b5a5aec229e9e1e14e
> Author: Tails developers <amnesia@???>
> Date: Fri Oct 26 16:33:45 2012 +0200
>
>     Add vendor-specific dpkg origin information.

>     This makes dpkg-vendor return correct information.
>     See deb-origin(5) and dpkg-vendor(1) for details.

>     Thanks to Paul Wise <pabs@???> for suggesting this on the
>     debian-derivatives mailing-list.

> Cheers,

My only remark is that the "Bugs" field is set to
"https://tails.boum.org/bugs/", but this is what's said in deb-origin(5):

    Bugs: bug-url
        The  value  of this field determines the type and address of the
        bug tracking system used by this vendor. It can be a mailto  URL
        or a debbugs URL (e.g., debbugs://bugs.debian.org/).

I.e. http(s) doesn't seem to be allowed. I guess that field is used to
instruct `reportbug` where to send its bugs, and it can't talk http(s).
Should we change it to `mailto:tails@boum.org`, like we use in
Whisperback? OTOH, since we use Whisperback and not `reportbug` I think
we can safely break this standard. But then again, what's the point of
setting that value? Or have I missed anything?

Cheers!