Re: [Tails-dev] TorBrowser patches

Autor: intrigeri
Para: an0n102968
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] TorBrowser patches
hi,

an0n102968@??? wrote (01 Nov 2012 19:13:38 GMT) :
> I am thrilled to see that the Tor Browser patches have finally
> reached Tails.

Great!

Thanks for reporting back. I've got quite a few remarks (see bellow)
about how the report back could be better done next time, and expanded
upon, but this is much appreciated.

> However, I noticed that FoxyProxy was included. According to
> https://www.torproject.org/torbutton/torbutton-faq.html.en#extensionconflicts
> We are not supposed to use Foxyproxy.

It was the shortest path to support both Tor and I2P in the same web
browser. I believe the way Tails uses it is safe.

I don't see anything that affects Tails on this FAQ, but I'd be glad
to stand corrected.

> Also, Adblock Plus,

Please let me refer you to the first question and answer on our
FAQ for new contributors: https://tails.boum.org/contribute/faq/

Then: https://tails.boum.org/todo/remove_adblock__63__/

> Do not track, and the "Tell Websites I do not want to be tracked"
> check mark in Firefoxes settings also can cause concern.

Why?

> I have included screenshots in this link <
> http://www.datafilehost.com/download-0e1b06e1.html > for areas that
> might cause further issues.

I've taken a look. FYI it was a pain for me to download from this
filesharing website. Some of the attached files could have been
replaced, by a link to ip-check.info. Would have saved me and you some
time and bandwidth. Please consider doing this next time :)

A few of these screenshots don't tell me anything clear about what the
problem you've seen is supposed to be. Please expand on these, and on
the others (that is, raw screenshots of ip-check.info pages with a few
red flags that I doubt are regressions).

One set of test that would be totally awesome to run would be to
compare your last results (0.14~rc2) with what you get with Tails 0.13
(that had not the torbrowser patches yet). If you can do this, this
would be great, and then please report back with plaintext email only
(copy-pasting parts of the webpages if needed), that is muuuch easier
to deal with.

Cheers!