Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.14 vs. iceweasel 10.0.9esr-1

Autor: anonym
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.14 vs. iceweasel 10.0.9esr-1
29/10/12 09:06, intrigeri wrote:
> anonym wrote (28 Oct 2012 20:35:14 GMT) :
>> I haven't found any issues at all, so I say merge.
>
> Great. Would you please try to do it yourself, so that it helps
> ensuring that the Git + APT merge process works fine even when *I* am
> not the one who runs it?

A great idea.

> Basically:
>
>   1. Merge the feature/torbrowser Git branch into the testing and
>      devel ones.

Done.

>   2. "Merge" the feature-torbrowser APT suite into the testing and
>      devel ones:
>      a. Add your SSH pubkey to the "reprepro" user's
>         ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on "autobuild".
>      b. Proceed as documented on the APT repository ticket [1]
>         ("Workflow" section, "Merging a topic branch" subsection).

After some initial problems I figured out that feature suites are named
"feature-..." and not "feature/..." like our git branches. I could
update the docs to reflect this, but I was first gonna propose that we
make the tails-merge-suite script convert "feature/..." to "feature-..."
to prevent future confusion. Thoughts?

>      c. Make sure it has worked:
>         ssh reprepro@??? reprepro ls iceweasel

Check.

>   3. Build an ISO image from testing, and check it gets the right
>      iceweasel in the end.

Works.