Re: [Tails-dev] delay Tails 0.14? [was: Tails 0.14 vs. icewe…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] delay Tails 0.14? [was: Tails 0.14 vs. iceweasel 10.0.9esr-1]
anonym wrote (29 Oct 2012 13:04:07 GMT) :
> I have merged feature/torbrowser into testing, so it'll en up
> in rc2.

Great! I'm going to update the involved tickets.

> However, esr10 is out: [...] But do we want it in rc2 too? After all
> one of the purposes to ship an rc2 was to test the new Iceweasel.
> Because of that I'm leaning towards delaying rc2 a few days if we
> can have an updated package built and uploaded within that period.

Currently, we cannot easily build and updated package yet: I've just
asked Mike Hommey to push his esr/master Git branch online. In any
case, I doubt I'll be able to prepare and upload updated packages
before Wednesday evening CEST, more probably Thursday.

So the question is whether we want to give a few more testing days to:

 (A) the diff between an unpatched iceweasel
     and the new iceweasel + torbrowser one

or to:

 (B) the (I guess) tiny 10.0.9..10.0.10 diff
     (FWIW, the TorBrowser patches did not need any update in between.)

I think the first one is the biggest and riskiest change, so my answer
is clearly (A). So, IMHO let's put the RC2 out ASAP (I'll test and
merge the updated tordate thing within 2 hours).