Re: [Tails-dev] delay Tails 0.14? [was: Tails 0.14 vs. icewe…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] delay Tails 0.14? [was: Tails 0.14 vs. iceweasel 10.0.9esr-1]
anonym wrote (23 Oct 2012 18:47:26 GMT) :
> Agreed. I think we may need a completely different release schedule
> than what we have now, which is:

> October 25th: release of RC2.
> October 30th: release of 0.14.

> Clearly this won't work if we do something drastic, which seems
> necessary. What about we bump RC2 until we have a fix for this
> (perhaps we should set a latest date?), and then release the final
> Tails 0.14 a week after that. That gives a few extra days for RC
> testers to find new issues with whatever solution we picked.

Thanks for raising this topic. This proposal suits me well.

FYI, on the iceweasel+torbrowser side of things, my plan is to
(hopefully) put a first test ISO out at some point before Thursday
25th at noon CEST. Things are going well, and I think this is doable.
I'd like some of us (and as many people as possible, actually!) to
review and test it for a few days before we merge it and call that
RC2. So, I think best case is RC2 on Monday, 29th. Given another test
ISO will have been out for a few days already, we might dare releasing
0.14 a bit less than a full week later. I'm happy to let this decision
up to whoever will actually do the release.