[Tails-dev] delay Tails 0.14? [was: Tails 0.14 vs. iceweasel…

Autore: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Vecchi argomenti: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.14 vs. iceweasel 10.0.9esr-1
Oggetto: [Tails-dev] delay Tails 0.14? [was: Tails 0.14 vs. iceweasel 10.0.9esr-1]
20/10/12 17:54, Ague Mill wrote:
> Anyway, given we are not able to release a working Tails 0.14 with
> security fixes right now, we could also simply forget the schedule and
> instead of rushing dirty solutions, delay 0.14 until we have both neat
> Iceweasel packages and definitive APT repositories.

Agreed. I think we may need a completely different release schedule than
what we have now, which is:

October 25th: release of RC2.
October 30th: release of 0.14.

Clearly this won't work if we do something drastic, which seems
necessary. What about we bump RC2 until we have a fix for this (perhaps
we should set a latest date?), and then release the final Tails 0.14 a
week after that. That gives a few extra days for RC testers to find new
issues with whatever solution we picked.

Cheers!