Re: [Tails-dev] Iceweasel backports experiments

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Iceweasel backports experiments
Hi,

bertagaz@??? wrote (20 Sep 2012 17:30:51 GMT) :
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 01:26:23PM -0400, Robert Ransom wrote:
>> On 9/20/12, bertagaz@??? <bertagaz@???> wrote:
>> > I've imported all of them but four that I felt weren't necessary:
>> > * 0007-Make-Tor-Browser-exit-when-not-launched-from-Vidalia.patch
>>
>> Do not omit this patch.

> But in Tails, the browser isn't started by vidalia. Is there another
> reason I don't get?

Yes, but I only understand it now. Or at least, I think I do.

This patch prevents us from running a torbrowser-like Firefox (in our
case, iceweasel + torbrowser patches) without the torbrowser.version
variable set. That combination does not make sense, and probably never
got any serious exposure to testing => we do want to have the
torbrowser.version variable set, and this patch will be our safeguard,
making sure we don't drop the variable by mistake some day.

Robert, if there's another reason we did not guess alone,
please clarify what you meant with "Do not omit this patch".