Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.14 vs. iceweasel 10.0.9esr-1

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails 0.14 vs. iceweasel 10.0.9esr-1
On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 06:02:08PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
> Ague Mill wrote (20 Oct 2012 15:54:08 GMT) :
> > Before we decide to completely rule this out, I would really like
> > someone with enough energy and processing power to confirm that the
> > last Iceweasel package + TorBrowser patches + Torbutton will produce
> > a working browser.
>
> Sure. I'll do that on Sunday or Monday if nobody has done it before.

Good! :)

> Oh, BTW, why does this script replace Debian's torbutton with the
> TBB's one?
> Any reason I should do the same when testing iceweasel +
> torbrowser patches?

Debian #690729 against Iceweasel reads:

    So please add a 'Breaks: xul-ext-torbutton' relationship to the next
    ESR upload.

    I will ask the removal of xul-ext-torbutton once the later will
    have landed in Wheezy.

So I assumed the Debian package would be gone before long and that it
was better to stick with what was shipped in TBB (and thus tested as
compatible with TorBrowser).

I could have done the same for HTTPS Everywhere, but the Debian package
enables CACert rules by default which is something that is also
worthwhile to have in Tails. Mh... and while writing this, I am
realizing that this can be used for fingerprinting. Ah, well... risks
against risks, I'd rather have our users use more HTTPS.

--
Ague