Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr] Tails 0.14 french doc translation to r…

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr] Tails 0.14 french doc translation to review
sajolida@??? wrote (19 Oct 2012 19:13:35 GMT) :
> Well, I also had doubts about how to call it in the original doc.
> I usually don't like camel case and I might have preferred Tails
> OpenPGP Applet or something like that.

We can call it the way we want, as long as the documentation and the
application itself (e.g. About or whatever) agree. I'd be perfectly
fine with "Tails OpenPGP Applet" for now. At some point, we might want
to publish this piece of software as an independent project, and it
might get renamed, but we're not there yet.

> Regarding translation, I saw that Tails USB Installer is translated
> but not Tails Greeter. Shall we decide on a fix policy on whether to
> translate or not custom program names?

I think we shall translate them when the original name mostly makes
sense in English. Which is the case for both examples, I believe.