[Tails-dev] tails-persistence-setup and feature coupling

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] tails-persistence-setup and feature coupling
Hi!

While reflecting on the implementations of persistence of Network
Manager connections and browser bookmarks, it occured to me that we
might have an undesired coupling between tails-persistence-setup and
our persistence framework as a whole.

The implementation of persistent NM connections lead me to think that
the pivot of our persistence framework is in
`amnesia.git:config/chroot_local-includes/usr/local/sbin/live-persist`.

Yet, both new persistence options required a change in
another component, namely tails-persistence-setup to update
`lib/Tails/Persistence/Configuration/Presets.pm`.

I wonder if we should not move the content of Presets.pm to an
'external' file (from the point of view of tails-persistence-setup)
which would live closer to `live-persist` instead. It could still be
Perl code or transformed into YAML or another ad-hoc format. The trick
is that it needs to be i18n'ed somehow...

Any other opinions?

(I don't think I'm fluent enough in Perl to propose any implementation,
though.)

--
Ague