Re: [Tails-dev] Upstreaming yelp patch

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Upstreaming yelp patch
hi,

Ague Mill wrote (12 Oct 2012 20:44:31 GMT) :
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 05:52:50PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
>> to anyone who pushed commit 64de544 ("Fix Yelp crashing on internal
>> links"):
>> [...]
>> 2. Please open a ticket about upstreaming this fix.

> I don't see the need:
>> [...]
>  * Yelp has been heavily rewritten since Squeeze. I have not tested,
>    but I doubt the bug is still in the version in Wheezy.

If the bug was fixed upstream since then (== is not present in
Wheezy), then I agree, the effort is not worth it, let's forget
about it.

If the bug is still present in Wheezy, then I still think we should
report it to Debian and/or GNOME, and contribute our existing patch.
Perhaps they'll ignore it, but at least, let's make upstream aware of
the problem and possible solution.
Our contribute/relationship_with_upstream page contains plenty of
reasons to do.