Re: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.

Autor: Maxim Kammerer
Para: Steve Weis
CC: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.
On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 5:04 AM, Steve Weis <steveweis@???> wrote:
> I think the kernel is working as expected. Debian and Ubuntu are both also
> vulnerable by default, since FireWire modules are loaded automatically.

>From Documentation/debugging-via-ohci1394.txt:

“The alternative firewire-ohci driver in drivers/firewire uses filtered physical
DMA by default, which is more secure but not suitable for remote debugging.”

Isn't this supposed to limit DMA?

> I can send some fix suggestions if you like.

Not being a kernel developer, I am not sure I will be able to act on them.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte