Re: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Weis
À: Jacob Appelbaum
CC: tails-dev
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.
Hi. I booted Tails' latest release and was able to scrape memory contents
via FireWire. All the necessary firewire modules are enabled by default and
Inception worked out of the box. This would let someone root a machine
through, say, a daisy chained thunderbolt monitor.

I'd either remove support from the kernel, blacklist the modules in
modprobe, or disable support with a boot param.

Iommu should be enabled as well for good measure, although it can be
circumvented.

Cheers.