Re: [Tails-dev] Pidgin Protocols Safe?

Autore: adrelanos
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Pidgin Protocols Safe?
antispam06@???:
>>> I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you think people who want to
>>> create their first IM account would choose the first in the Pidgin
>>> protocols list?
>> Something like this.
>
> Actually they are going to go for what their friends or contacts use.
> This is not some grand study. Just an observation from the people around
> me.

It's tempting to do that.

Off topic, but to show my point: Did you know, that Winny and Share are
the most used filesharing clients in Japan? They are closed source, use
weak crypto/design but actually "do work". I've never heard of those
applications before. (Recently discussed on tor-talk.)

Observing people around me, absolutely didn't lead to that conclusion.
We actually know very little about Tor users around the world. With all
due respect, I wouldn't conclude from personal observation.

Observing the number of starred / forked [2] repositories and downloads
[2], it looks like TorChat is quite popular among Tor users.

[1] https://github.com/prof7bit/TorChat
[2] https://github.com/prof7bit/TorChat/downloads