Re: [Tails-dev] Authenticated NTP is a long term goal?

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Authenticated NTP is a long term goal?
Hi,

adrelanos wrote (01 Oct 2012 17:23:11 GMT) :
> "Authenticated NTP is a long term goal for us". I am wondering, is
> this still true?

For the record, the complete sentence is "Authenticated NTP is a long
term goal for us, but not usable for the time being."

I guess it is no long-time goal for us in any kind of strong sense:
I doubt we'll go out of our way to make authenticated NTP usable
(be it upstream, or in distros, or within the NTP community)
for our usecase. At least, that did not happen since we wrote
that sentence.

Is this still a long-term goal for us in a weaker sense? That is, will
we switch to Authenticated NTP once it is usable for Tails needs?
I have no idea. I'd rather postpone deciding this to the time when the
precondition is true.

Cheers!