[Tails-dev] Please review and merge bugfix/iceweasel_file_as…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge bugfix/iceweasel_file_associations
Hi,

Quoting the closest-related ticket
(https://tails.boum.org/todo/open_mp3_with_totem_instead_of_audacity/):

    This bug, as well as others of the same kind (e.g. the "PDF open
    with Gimp" one, that is now unreproducible by pure luck, and could
    come back any time soon if we don't really fix that issue at its
    roots), happens with the instance of iceweasel started from the
    NetworkManager hook, but not with another iceweasel started by
    hand after closing the former.

    This is explained by our NetworkManager hook not setting the
    XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable to the GNOME -specific value
    that gnome-session does.

    Details are explained in comment n°26 on Debian bug #522998.

    The bugfix/iceweasel_file_associations branch fixes that,
    candidate for Tails 0.14.

Changes from stable to that branch:

    dccc7fa Start iceweasel from NM with the same XDG_DATA_DIRS
            settings as the GNOME session