[Tails-dev] tails-persistence-setup releases vs. Tails 0.14

Autor: intrigeri
Para: tails-dev
Temas novos: [Tails-dev] Please review and merge feature/persistent_NM_connections [was: tails-persistence-setup releases vs. Tails 0.14]
Asunto: [Tails-dev] tails-persistence-setup releases vs. Tails 0.14
Hi,

please, anyone who did the 0.18 release of tails-persistence-setup,
push your pristine-tar branch.

Other than that, a 0.18 release was made from the usual branches in
there, with stuff that is not be ready yet for merging into devel.
One drawback is that it has apparently blocked an improved t-p-s (with
bigger timeout) from entering Tails 0.13. I'd like to avoid this
happening again. I think we now have two possibilities:

A. the NM presets persistence is finished and merged in time
   => t-p-s 0.18 or greater is shipped into Tails 0.14,
      with a (possibly much) bigger timeout. Great.

B. the NM presets persistence is not finished and merged in time
   => I'd rather not fork a branch off t-p-s 0.17 and prepare
      0.17.1 from there (overkill), so I think we should go for
      a chroot_local-patches.

So, I think I'll wait a few days (say, until next Thursday), and go
with #B if #A has not happened yet. Thoughts, better ideas?