Re: [Tails-dev] Download manager

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Download manager
Hi,

alan@??? wrote (26 Sep 2012 17:44:20 GMT) :
>     https://tails.boum.org/todo/include_download_manager/
>     -----------------------------------------------------
>     [...] it might be useful to include a download managar in Tails.
>     A usecase could be to try to download a big file across separate
>     working sessions.

I think this usecase is worth supporting, e.g. to make it easier to
download ISO images such as Tails' ones. I would consider it
relatively low-priority, though.

I think this download manager must have a simple GUI and as few
features as possible.

I'm not sure what I think of Iceweasel integration.

I don't intend to put much energy into that, but still, I searched
a bit the Debian packages database with that usecase in mind.

>     If so, [uget](http://urlget.sourceforge.net/) could be a good candidate.

* uget - easy-to-use download manager written in GTK+: from
the package long description, looks a bit too feature-full.

I did not find any other candidate in Debian that integrates with the
web browser. Outside of it, there are:

* steadyflow - Simple download manager for GNOME: in Wheezy, not in
Squeeze; a quick look at the build-deps makes me think a backport
is doable. Aims for minimalism and ease of use.
* multiget - graphical download manager: in Squeeze and Wheezy; from
the package long description, looks a bit too feature-full.
* kget: depends on many parts of KDE, so that's a no.