Re: [Tails-dev] Please review feature/separate_Tor_streams

Autor: intrigeri
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Please review feature/separate_Tor_streams
Hi,

Ague Mill wrote (26 Sep 2012 12:08:08 GMT) :
> htpdate lists a "--proxy" option. I may assume that when I don't
> specify this option, it will not use a proxy at all. But, the
> current code will still use a proxy if HTTPS_PROXY or ALL_PROXY are
> set. I think this is confusing.

Fair enough, nice catch.
Here's what I did, then:

-        [ 'proxy|p:s', "what to pass to curl's --socks5-hostname" ],
+        [ 'proxy|p:s', "what to pass to curl's --socks5-hostname (if unset, environment variables may affect curl's behavior -- see curl(1) for details)" ],

>> > Uh... and actually, those changes might require to add some more
>> > tests to the checklist. What do you think?
>>
>> I'll think of it later today or tomorrow.

Done (19b552f) -- yeah, that's the bare minimum. I'm not sure if, and
how, we would want to deeper dive into checking that Tor itself works
as advertised.

If the current state of this branch looks good enough, I suggest you
build an ISO from devel + feature/separate_Tor_streams, and "run"
these tests before merging.