Re: [Tails-dev] incremental upgrades: phase one almost done,…

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] incremental upgrades: phase one almost done, releaseplan
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] incremental upgrades: phase one almost done, releaseplan
Hi,

(thank you for following-up :)

alan@??? wrote (26 Sep 2012 17:43:09 GMT) :
>> >   2. When 0.13.x point-releases are out, write developers
>> >      documentation and tools, prepare IUK, update update-description
>> >      files, ask beta testers to try the incremental upgrade process.
>> >      Catch and fix most remaining bugs.

> What is the state of this phase?

Waiting for the next release.
"0.13.x point-releases are out" did not happen yet.

> Will we do that for the next release? If it's not a point release,
> then when will we do that?

I'm unsure. I started thinking of this recently, but I was waiting for
an agreement on my "next release is 0.14" proposal. I think I'll want
to prepare and publish an IUK for 0.14, and have some early testers
try it. I'm not sure the developers doc and tools will be part of that
first test. I've just updated the roadmap to reflect the state of my
thoughts about this.

>> >      Write user documentation [4] and hand it to translators.
>> >      sajolida, do you want/plan to write the user documentation?

>> Yes! I would be happy to work on that. I haven't done much work on the
>> documentation since the persistence volume but that's sound like the
>> perfect opportunity to catch up.
>>
> What's the progress of the documentation?

AFAIK, it's waiting for the first batch of IUK too.

Cheers!