Re: [Tails-dev] Block/unblock wireless devices?

Author: Maxim Kammerer
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Block/unblock wireless devices?

True, see, e.g., https://forum.dee.su/topic/wireless-mouse-french-keyboard.

> AFAIU, that is one of the reason why most Bluetooth enabled systems will
> always powerup the radio during first stage of the boot process, so one
> with a Bluetooth keyboard can reach firmware settings.

Systems boot in all kinds of crazy states, some apparently relying on
initialization by Windows drivers. The main reason I added rfkill
calls during boot is that some systems turn wireless radio off on
boot: https://forum.dee.su/topic/wireless-problem. I also think that
having Bluetooth off by default is the optimal choice, but there are
still problems with it, as you noted.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte