Re: [Tails-l10n] how to merge and find new strings?

Author: Ague Mill
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] how to merge and find new strings?
On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 06:05:34PM +0100, Alessandro Grassi wrote:
> How do I merge changes from the main repository to my repository on
> repo.or.cz? I think it should be:
>
> git pull git://git.immerda.ch/amnesia.git
> git push <my_repository>
>
> from a local copy of my repo on my PC. Is that correct?

Nope. :)

You need to add a remote first (here named 'upstream'):

    git remote add ustream git://git.immerda.ch/amnesia.git

And then you can pull from it:

    git pull upstream

But pull is actually fetch+merge. What I usually do perform the two
steps manually, usually looking up the logs first:

    git fetch upstream
    git log upstream/master
    git merge upstream/master

Hope that helps,