Re: [Tails-dev] Shipping a 686-pae kernel

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: The Tails public development discussion list
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Shipping a 686-pae kernel
On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 02:52:53PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
> So, I just merged the feature/multikernel branch into experimental.

Looks like `20-syslinux_detect_cpu` has an issue. In commit 0194501a7,
syslinux was added as a system-wide dependency (for Vagrant) to build
Tails.

This does not feel right. The `ifcpu64.c32` module should be copied from
the same syslinux package than the one that is going to be used later
on by live-build, not by the one installed in the building system.

I really don't think this is a big issue. This COM32 module is not
probably going to change much over time. But I'd rather not introduce
the kind of subtle desync. that might happen using two different
packages.

--
Ague