Címzett: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: Marsh Ray
Tárgy: [Tails-dev] vpwns:
Hi,

In our (I'm cc'ing Marsh here, please keep him in the cc list unless he
objects) recent FOCI12 paper, we discuss some novel attacks on VPNs and
we focus on anonymity related issues. Largely, I think that this paper
is not news to Tails developers, I even sent in a per-release copy
months in advance to a few Tails hackers.

Here are the urls for the paper:
https://www.usenix.org/conference/foci12/vpwns-virtual-pwned-networks
https://www.usenix.org/system/files/conference/foci12/foci12-final8.pdf

So my main concern was that we found the lack of transparent routing to
be an actual hole in Tails. There is not a compelling reason for
allowing all RFC1918 space given our findings.

All the best,
Jacob