Re: [Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** Re: Tails: pcmcia / firewire / e…

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Jacob Appelbaum
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** Re: Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.
Hi,

Jacob Appelbaum wrote (22 Aug 2012 19:17:02 GMT) :
> I'm not sure, so I'd still disable it until you have a forensics
> toolkit or three that fails to work.

Fair enough, so I updated our ticket to reflect that we should
actually test this. What forensics toolkits would you suggest us to
use for these tests?

However, Tails is also about "Working on sensitive documents" [0],
and I'm told people working on video often need FireWire.
So, the answer to "what to do in the meantime?" is not that obvious
to me.

[0] https://tails.boum.org/contribute/design/#index3h3

> Also, what about pcmcia/pccard/express card?

Sorry, we still have not discussed what usability vs. security balance
we want in this area. For the record, these are tracked there:
https://tails.boum.org/todo/disable_expresscard__63__/
https://tails.boum.org/todo/disable_pcmcia__63__/