[Tails-l10n] Poedit question - how to create new .po files?

Author: Alayna Ruberg
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Poedit question - how to create new .po files?
Hi everyone -

Our team is working on translating certain programs into Farsi,
particularly the Tails Greeter, Persistence Setup, and the USB Creator. I
see a fa.po file in the liveusb-creator.git repo, but not in the Greeter or
Persistence repos. I've attempted to create a new .po file via PoEdit, but
have been unsuccessful. Can anyone offer advice on creating new .po files?
I have all the translations for Farsi ready and waiting to become po files
and would ideally like to complete the patches before the end of the week.

Thanks for your help!
Alayna
NDItech