Re: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.

Autor: intrigeri
Para: Jacob Appelbaum
Temas antigos: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.
Temas novos: [Tails-dev] ***SPAM*** Re: Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails: pcmcia / firewire / etc.
Hi Jake,

And tails@??? replied (05 Jan 2012 23:54:40 GMT) :
> Recent Linux kernels shipped by Debian use filtered physical DMA;
> unfiltered physical DMA seems to be disabled
> (CONFIG_FIREWIRE_OHCI_REMOTE_DMA is not set). Do you know which class
> of attacks is still practicaly doable on such a system?

We are still very interested in your answer to this question :)
Thanks a lot in advance!

(Reference: https://tails.boum.org/todo/disable_firewire__63__/)