Re: [Tails-dev] Can't achieve buildin tails Live CD

Autor: Ague Mill
Para: tails-dev
Asunto: Re: [Tails-dev] Can't achieve buildin tails Live CD
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 03:31:42PM +0100, Nicolas B wrote:
> Here is my message in a bottle.
> I would like to build a Live CD of tails 0.12.1 on my own.
> But I have followed instructions from https://tails.boum.org/contribute/build/
> without any result.

Glad to know that you have tried to build your own Tails. Unfortunately,
you did so at a time where two things where broken: multiarch plymouth
has migrated to testing, and the custom ikiwiki repository was
inacessible.

The issue is fixed in both devel and experimental branches. devel is
really close to 0.12.1, so I suggest you try to build it instead.

> Her is a sum up of my tries:
>
> Where each time I used the most recent components without tweeking in apt sources.
> And I used the 0.12.1 tag from the git repo to match the latest release version.
>
> - Debian 6.0.5 i386 VM -> I got a Live CD but stayed locked to greeter, can't access the gnome desktop.
> It loops when I click on the "Login" button

This one is weird. The other issues (plymouth at least) should not have
left the build to finish.

> - Debian wheezy amd64 in a VM using manual build -> got broken package when building dist

Fixed in devel and experimental.

> Debian wheezy amd64 on a physical machine using valgrant -> need
> tweaking to build ikiwiki

Fixed in devel and experimental.

Have fun,
--